"to carry out a survey of independent faith schools to examine how they are meeting the Independent Schools Standards relating to the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils."The press release from Mr Balls goes on to say that
"The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils at the school meets the standard if the school promotes principles which [inter alia] enable pupils to distinguish right from wrong."Are you, like me, somewhat struck by the irony here? Mr Balls last month issued a document which means, inter alia, that:
- further education colleges will be flooded with birth control
- doctors will be paid to facilitate increased sexual activity and abortion
- parents will be continue to be marginalised from their children's moral development by the government and its ideological cronies.
- welcoming newly-conceived human life on the one hand, and on the other hand killing an innocent human being on the ?
- serving the well-being of young women on the one hand, and on the other hand permanently damaging their physical and/or psychological health?
- upholding young persons' dignity on the one hand, and on the other hand giving them the wherewithal to degrade themselves sexually?