Monday 27 February 2012

SPUC works to build international pro-life co-operation

Last week I was in Washington and New York meeting pro-life leaders of groups with which SPUC has been collaborating for four decades.

The mother of God is central to the work of Human Life International (HLI), the pro-life group based in Front Royal, Virginia, founded by Fr Paul Marx and which has pro-life groups and workers on the ground in over 100 countries.

Pictured around Our Lady's statue in the reception area of their Virginia headquarters are Fr Shenan Boquet (right), the new HLI president, Fr Peter West, vice-president for HLI missions, and yours truly.

We had a productive meeting about SPUC's work at the United Nations and HLI's vital presence in more countries than any other pro-life group. I told them that Europe owes a great debt to HLI for spreading the pro-life message and for the courageous HLI witnesses who have risen up in so many nations - many of whose work I have seen personally and deeply admired.

I pray that my meeting with Fr Boquet and his team - and my meetings with other pro-life leaders I met during my short visit - will be part of a renewed and powerful commitment to international pro-life co-operation.

Comments on this blog? Email them to johnsmeaton@spuc.org.uk
Sign up for alerts to new blog-posts and/or for SPUC's other email services
Follow SPUC on Twitter
Like SPUC's Facebook Page
Please support SPUC. Please donate, join, and/or leave a legacy